Do you threaten pedestrians on sidewalk?

Don't ask me about the morality of it. It's all about survival. I must ride on sidewalk like everybody else in the middle of this bike sharing program. I don't know if it's that way in Paris or London, but that's reality here. I figure that on average I have five near misses with pedestrians and two with cars every single outing. Today I almost hit a child that must have been daydreaming. Elderly people really worry me since they can hardly afford to have a broken bone. Couples blocking my way patiently step aside. Some give me a dirty look. I wished they understood I don't want to be there. Cars, on the other hand, just ignore me when they go in/out of driveways as if they lived in a bubble. We are all taking gambles, and the odds are against the weak. Is everybody willing participant?

Is there a solution or are people zombies? Do we have the living dead walking among us? That's a scary thought. But that's only my humble opinion.

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

little turtle

We certainly know who has the issue here. Darwinism will eventually win-out.

Reply to
Conscience

Are you trying to bait the master crank jsb back? I hope you're successful, I miss the old turd, I really do. It's like not having a can to kick down the road anymore when it's not here to kick. :)

Reply to
dbu''