Dodge's 2.99 gas gauruntee

Have you seen the Dodge commercial that promotes the 2.99 gas guarantee. Supposedly, if you buy a dodge you get gas for 2.99 for the first 12,000 miles. I have no clue how that works, but whatever the case... It shows you how gone the days of 1.50 a gallon are.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Dunno, many of their vehicles guzzle so much gas compared to my corolla that I'd still come out ahead even if I paid $4.00 a gal.. Their best mpg seems to be about 30 mpg.. I don't see any really small cars listed. If they got 30 mpg for 12k miles paying 2.99 a gal, they would pay $1196 for fuel. If I got 40 mpg in the corolla, "I sometimes get

41-42", paying 4 bucks a gal, I'd pay $1200.. They would save a whoppin 4 bucks.. I guess they could go to burger king and get a whopper and a coke.. :/ And gas is not yet $4 a gallon here yet... I banking on it getting close though later this summer. :( It already is in some places of the country.
Reply to
nm5k

Chicago proper has passed $4 a gallon, and out here in the 'Burbs it's between 3.91 and 3.99. My 95 3-speed Corolla gets 25 mpg in town and 31mpg on the highway. My old 93 with the overdrive used to be able to get 39 on the highway when she was in better shape. I paid 40 bucks to fill her up the other day. I'm down to about 15 miles a day driving. Can't cut it down any more.

Charles the Curmudgeon.

Reply to
<n5hsr