ECM

Does anyone know how can go about getting an ECM tested. The ECM is out of the car, I want to know who I can take it to; to get it tested. Incase you are wondering why I did not leave it in the car and get a scan tool to read errors, well I did that and it seems to have an error that prevents it from being read. I replaced the ECM with another, and got the same problem. So I really just need to know if my original ECM is defective or maybe that it is not getting power.

Reply to
Tony

I have checked all of the fuses, what I am left with is relays which as you know do not visually indicate that they are blown, and the broblem is, I do not know which one goes to the ECM. I have decided that after I ret out all of the fuses, fusable links and relays that if I have not figured out what the problem is that I will send the ECM to get tested. I am hoping that I find the fusable device that controls it is burned out. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Tony

The ECM fuse is under the hood, either labeled ECM, ECU or EFI. On the older models it was labeled EFI.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

If a replacement ECM has the same problem as the original one, the likelihood that both the original and ECM are bad is pretty low. You can send the ECM to United Audio in Syracuse, NY but my recommendation is that you save your money.

When you replaced the radio, did you cut any of the wires in the factory harness?

Reply to
Ray O

That is a very good point. except I do not know that the replacement ECM is good. It came from a wrecked Prizm, and it was listed as tested with a money back guarantee. So I kindof agree with you, it is just that I am not sure that I trust the replacement part as being good. I will not put my eggs in the ECM basket until I have tested every relay in the car. I do know that my problem lyes with the ECM of that theECM is not getting power because of a faulty fus/relay/ fusable link because my check engine light no longer works, and I am not getting spark or power to the fuel pump

Reply to
Tony