Fitch Fuel Catalyst ????

Does anybody have any reliable info on this product? There has been some discussion about it on another auto forum that I have been following. I believe it is "snake oil" but I can not find any conclusive information pro or con. Lots of wild claims but very little data. (Yes, I have done a couple of internet searches but nothing I have found so far is what I consider reliable and conclusive.)

Reply to
Jack G

If the product worked as claimed, I would think that gas stations would want to have it installed on their pumps to deliver the "fresh" fuel that the maker claims.

While they do not have a lock on new ideas, automakers and gasoline producers have access to pretty substantial research and development resources, and they certainly have the ability to test products that may help their vehicles perform better. If there was a real cost-effective benefit, I'd bet that the automakers and/or gasoline producers would be all over it.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray -- My feelings exactly - but I am looking for something that backs up this argument specific to the FFC? (

) Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

It looks like the makers of the FFC are not revealing exactly how their device works, so there is no way to determine if the principles behind it are effective or not.

Reply to
Ray O

Wild claims and little data.

You have your answer.

Jeff

(Yes, I have done a

Reply to
Jeff

The first time I saw a device that was in the mid-70s, just after oil prices shot up. Some fuel "catalysts" go into the fuel lines, others into the intake manifold, and none have been shown to improve gas mileage when tested by the EPA or an actual independent lab.

Reply to
manny

You instinct is correct, it is "snake oil." Logic should tell you if ANY of the "snake oil" stuff worked, every vehicle manufacturer would be using it to improve their CAFE ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hi Jack,

Don't listen to Hunter, anyone who does not try it can say what they like. If he tried it he would not be bashing it I guarantee that. I have been using the product now for 3 years and know for a fact that it works. I work up north (Nunavut) and due to the way we store out fuel we tend to have contaminated gas as a norm. This has many negative effects including clogging fuel systems, excessive starting problems, ping, excessive emissions, and last but not least, terrible fuel mileage. I was involved in a fuel study last year that showed every vehicle being tested was between 30 and 50% lower then the rated MPG for the vehicle. With the Fitch installed and run on numerous vehicles both gas and diesel, fuel consumption was reduced by an average of 15% across the board. Some of the vehicles tested had an astounding 40% savings (Snow machines in particular).

The other benefits we experienced were easier starting, no ping, and you could literally breath the exhaust it was that clean.

The test results have been posted on a web site here

if you are interested.

Hope this helps...

Claude

Reply to