Five speed A/T

Are there any problems with the 07 Camry 4 cylinder 5 speed A/T? Mine seems to hunt and seems to have an uncomfortable feeling of engine braking when backing off of the throttle at the 30 to 45 mph range. Ron

Reply to
ronbon

TSB TC010-06 covers a harsh 5-4 downshift on deceleration on some 2007 Camrys with the 2AZ-Fe engine with the 5 speed automatic transmission with the transmission at normal operating temperature, after driving above 45 MPH, and decelerating through 28 MPH. The line pressure control solenoid assembly has been improved to reduce this condition.

You may want to ask your dealer if your vehicle is affected by the TSB.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray,

Are RAV4s with this drivetrain also included in the TSB?

Ed White

Reply to
Ed White

Ed,

TSB only covers 2006 and 2007 Camrys with that drivetrain.

The only transmission-related TSB's covering problems with Rav4's that I found at tundrasolutions.com are listed below. I did not list the ones that were informational or clarifications of the repair manual.

TSB TC006-07 covers a drone and vibration at highway speeds in some 2006 &

2007 Rav4 with the 2GR-FE engine.

TC001-07 covers difficulty moving the shift lever.

Reply to
Ray O

The problem is the four does not have enough torque for a car of that size and must continually hunt to find the best gear to keep up to speed you are trying to maintain.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The Ford Fusion's 4 cyl has 156 lb-ft of torque and 160 HP. The Camry has similar numbers 161 lb-ft and 158 HP.

Even if there were not enough power (my Ford Contour has only slightly more HP and torgue (170 for each), and it far more torque than I need), that doesn't explain why it is hunting. My dad's Pontiac doesn't hunt, even when it goes uphill.

When you get a clue, you'll know what to do.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Does the RAV4 (2AZ-FE) have a 5 spd A/T? Is it possible that the Camry and Rav4 have the same engine control module software?

Reply to
EdV

The 2007 Rav4 with the 4 cylinder engine has a 4 speed A/T. The V6 has a 5 speed A/T.

The 2007 Camry with the 4 cylinder engine has a 5 speed A/T.

They would have to have different engine ECU software.

Reply to
Ray O