Ford 500

There were some previous comments posted here about the Ford 500. I test drove the wagon version yesterday with 4WD and the CVT. Using the gas pedal in that vehicle was a bit different. The engine seemed to have adequate power except on a highway incline and it is possible that if I had pressed harder on the pedal it would have been up to it. It was a short test drive and I would have needed a second run to get the feel of the gas pedal but I was in a rush. Overall though, except for the hard interior door panels and seemingly very light duty interior door "knobs" the car seemed very nice for the money. They clearly have plenty of room for a larger engine under the hood but they might be better off squeezing a hybrid setup inside instead.

Reply to
Art

What you were driven was a Freestyle, not a 500. The 500 is only available as a four door sedan. The 500 is also available with a six speed in the FWD models

You should have been instructed how to properly run a vehicle with a CVT. If you do not press down on the throttle the tranny runs in the higher ratio. To get the most from a CVT you must apply FULL throttle. When you attain the desired speed, let up on the throttle.

mike hunt

Art wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

Yeah I know but I couldn't remember the wagon's official name and it is a derivitive of the 500. Everyone got it.

Yeah it was definitely different but like I said, I did not have time for a thorough drive. It seems like a nice car overall except for those cheap interior door panels. They use similar panels in the Mustang. I guess they ran out of money before they were finished with the interior.

Reply to
Art