Phoenix: July 18 Ford 500 Test Drive

FWIW:

Todays AZ Republic paper had an ad for a test drive of the new Five Hundred, Super Duty and Freestyle. The GT will be on display too. Sunday 9am to 5pm.

Goto:

fordinnovationdrive.com to register. Any one else plan on attending? We'll be there at 8:45am (or earlier)

Hank Phoenix

Reply to
Hank

I signed up for the 8 am thing. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

I went to the test drive and we dove the five-hundred,freestyle an F250 and an F350 to try out the integrated trailer brake system.

First of all, the fivehundred is a pretty nice family car. Spacious, quality looks great, nice finish. It's definitely not a fast car. I drove a 6 speed auto and a CVT model. The cvt isn't bad at all but the automatic tranny model is a dog. It feels like it takes forever to have it shift down when you floor it. For the rest it's fine. very spacious car, I bet Ford will sell a lot of them.

they also had an 05 mustang GT in the showroom. I sat in it. Feels pretty good. Still have to get used to the dash, but I like the rest of the car. I asked them when the cobra will come out. They said probably for 06. They did mention it was not a production model, that things were changed on the final model. The engine layout is also nice and clean.

Last but not least they had a Ford-GT >FWIW:

Rein

I felt the same way about the Five Hundred. The Freestlye was cool and seemed (to my buddy and me) that it handled alittle better.

One of the ladies there said she has been driving a '04 Cobra alot, and she loves the '05 GT in power and handling.

The marketing director said he drove the GT home the other night and it is awesome. I asked him just to get close and he let us sit in it. I didn't want to hog up seat time (or drool in it) so I jumed out quickly (without hitting my head on the door overhang). It's got a great feel sitting in it. Reminds me of the F355 Ferrari I spent a weekend breaking in. You didn't get in as much as you wore it.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

It's a huge step up compared to the Taurus. The inside looks very good, I think it will be a big seller. Even the handling is very good. On the test-track I swerved pretty fast around the cones and the car started to loose grip. It did this in a very neutral way.. no understeer. And did you see the trunk ? man, it's huge. No manual trannies so far. Only a 6 speed-auto and the cvt

Rein