Gas mileage - hybrids

Take a look at

you embarrass yourself still further.

Reply to
Bob Ward

Just drive the I-294 sometime that's not rush hour, then get back to me. . . .

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

These idiots don't believe us. Guess we should let them spout their theories to others who drive the freeways. I'd love to see them tell this to most Texas drivers. They'd laugh at them. Come to think of it, it was others who told me that in west Texas, everyone drives about 90 mph unless they see a cop.

Reply to
Rob

The signs say 70 but the cops permit greater on the freeways in Texas. Anyone who has driven in Texas would know this. Like I said before, when the traffic permits, the trucks often pass me up when I'm doing

65 to 70 or they like to ride my bumper to get me to move over.
Reply to
Rob

Not talking of signs but what the cops of Texas permit. You know, I must be almost as nuts as you, because I have to be, to be arguing with someone who doesn't travel on the Texas highways every day.

Reply to
Rob

Living, breathing proof that you are most capable of not comprehending the words you read. Give it another go.

Reply to
Philip

Go read the very quote of mine that you chose to respond to. Notice the qualification.

Don't be another Charles. One is quite sufficient for example.

Reply to
Philip

See my earlier response to you, made only moments ago.

Reply to
Philip

Just make a list of those trucks names and see how many qualfied for the condition I mentioned and that you quoted but chose to ignore.

Reply to
Philip

Rob and Charles are bent on self imollition. Who am I to deter them?

Reply to
Philip

You still don't understand the discussion from a large fleet point of view. You've been told numerous times which semi trucks I have referred to. Would you like to remain in the darkness? Seems so.

Reply to
Philip

I find your obstinance and ignorance along with a comprehension deficit similar to Charles' quite amusing. Carry on!

Reply to
Philip

Dick Simon trucking has about 1500 tractors. Their rigs are routinely seen traveling well over 62, usually around 75 miles per hour on I-80 in Wyoming, I-80 in Nevada, I-15 in Utah, I-25 in Wyoming and I-90 in Montana and i-90 in Wyoming. (BTW, the speeds were observed over a period of 5 years in a vehicle which speed was reported by a GPS.)

I could name others but it's not worth my trouble to see if the company meets your absurd limit of over 1000 tractors since that's not what you said in your original post. Nor did your original post discuss speed limits but actual maximum speed.

The only rigs I see traveling under 70 in the western US are those laboring up a grade, in a construction zone or the occasional specially permitted load.

Reply to
doubter

LOL

Reply to
Rob

No you don't get it. Just sit by the road and watch how many trucks follow your THEORY OF BS around Houston suburbs.

Reply to
Rob

And you are living proof that there is such a thing as a pompous ass. Around Chicago, at least, even the big fleets such as UPS, Fed Ex and Rodeway run fast. If you're not speeding in Chicago, you're liable to get rear-ended.

BTW, they speed in Texas, too. We used to say Texas cars had two license plates so the Arkansas drivers could see them barrelling up I-30 and get out of the way. . . . I used to live in Arkansas 15 years ago. . .

Say, wait a second. Aren't you the same Phillip who told me that I simply had to have sludge in my Corolla and accused me of not keeping it up?

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
n5hsr

snip

Getting rear ended by a car is not a concern of the trucker. Maybe you do not know that the driver coming up from behind and colliding with the vehicle ahead will be found at fault for not maintaining a safe following distance. And if it is a car colliding with the rear of a semi truck, the car will lose physically. Again, the tractor/trailer units operated by the companies you mention above do not run 75 mph anywhere or anything close to it. All large transport companies have tattletail devices that record minute to minute vehicle speeds and other vehicle data.

Reply to
Philip

The exception does not disprove the rule. Simon has been in and out of bankruptcy in the past decade. Simon is also is a specialized carrier (refridgerated goods and foods) which they can charge higher rates to expedite delivery.

I did run across this little bit regarding Simon:

California Sues Dick Simon Trucking Inc

Sep 1, 2001 12:00 PM

The State of California has sued Salt Lake City-based Dick Simon Trucking Inc to pay for damage done by a company driver who drove his big rig into the state Capitol in January 2001.

Dick Simon Trucking driver Mike Bowers, who had a history of legal and mental problems, rammed his vehicle into the Capitol's south portico. The truck, carrying a load of canned milk, caught fire, killing Bowers and leaving the building with fire, smoke, and water damage. Repairs are still being made.

According to the lawsuit, the company was aware of Bowers' emotional problems and hired him anyway. It seeks $13.5 million in actual damages and $100 million in punitive damages from Dick Simon Trucking, a subsidiary of Simon Transportation Services Inc.

Simon officials have not made any comments about the suit.

Reply to
Philip

That's because there is no such rule. You made an absurd statement and it has been disproven by many posts. You dismissed them a vague so I gave you facts. You haven't driven in the west or you would make such blatently false statements.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot where it belongs, prove your statements or shut up.

(4 year old article that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread has been snipped.)

Reply to
doubter

"Philip" wrote: snip

The word is "tattletale" Philip...we don't want you going around in public looking uneducated now do we?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman