Good L.A. dealer?

Hi -

How out there has really liked their buying experience (I am specifically looking for my second Prius) with an Los Angeles area Toyota dealer?

cheers.

Reply to
Newshound

I recall back in August when gas prices were high most all of the LA dealers were charging extra for the Prius, as much as $3000-$4000 over MSRP. Okay, I got tagged too, but bickered down to $500 over at the one in Santa Clarita - and they had it in stock so I didn't wait which was good I guess. They may have given it to me at list had I not grown weary of the price game battle.

I did hear of the one in Ventura not charging the surcharge then. Now, with the price of gas down, you may be in a better position to barter. It will be fun to see what unfolds as to prices next summer though.

Dunno, but I was speculating on the reason for the dramatic price drop was that the government was subsidizing the American automakers to unload their lots full of gas guzzlers since the prices on them fell dramatically as well during that fuel-spike spell. They, GM and Ford, were in a downward spiral then. Don't know now. It does seem they are making up the difference in my home heating fuel bill though.... >:o(

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Reply to