Good Toyota mechanic in Tampa or Temple Terrace area?

Hi everyone!

I have a 1990 Toyota Camry. In mid Feb, my car died, so I called to have it towed. By the time the tow guy came, it actually started. Took it to the Pep Boys (on FL, I think).

They did a test, and told me I had a bad Alternator, and they gave me an estimate. At the time, I was in my second month of school, and all I had to live off of was my VA disability check, so I told them not to do anything.

The following week, it went out at school. Called the tow again. The guy looked at the engine, adjusted something (started with a T), and it now works. According to him, if it was the Alt, the car wouldn't be going at all.

Now, there's some minor noise, when I drive (about 1/2 the time), like a rattling, I guess.

I need some suggestions for a good Toyota mechanic; maybe someone that gives discounts to Vets/students...I heard a couple bad stories about Courtesy Toyota, and was wondering if Precision would be better. Any suggestions (directly email me, please!) would be appreciated.

Reply to
oweaponx2