GPS Navigation any good?

Sat Nav is great as long as you remember it's foolproof *not* damn foolproof!!

Reply to
Ian James

Spoken like someone who's never used a good GPS.

I can read maps. In fact, I'm REALLY good with a map. Road, topo, aviation chart, whatever...

GPS, and the ability to operate it properly, freakin' rules!

Reply to
Bonehenge

Amen!!!!

I notice my GPS system has voice recognition (DeLorme Street Atlas on a laptop).

I can ask it where I am and it will tell me.

Ever ask you wife?

ROFL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Based on the absolute truth about 95% of the drivers on the road, I don't like the idea of any more distractions being introduced. For some people, that equates to "more toys".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Maybe so but ive seen more people reading maps for 30 seconds at a time while driving at 60 than ive seen pressing the odd button on a GPS for a fraction of a second. Its seems the stupid are still going to pick up a map even though its not a bright idea, so id rather they prodded at a screen a few times than block their view with paper.

Reply to
Coyoteboy