Is Nissens radiator any good for my 90 240?

I need to replace the radiator in my 90 240 automatic sedan. I found this at FCP Groton and I know nothing about radiator. Is there any thing better than that or is this Nissens a good one? Thanks for your help.

1985-1993 Volvo 240 Radiator

This is the OEM style radiator with an aluminum core and plastic tanks. Nissens used to make an all metal version of this radiator, but they discontinued that model in 2006. This will fit both models with a standard or automatic transmission. Manufacturer Nissens Part Number 8603894 OEM Number 8601127, 8603894, 1219830, 5003505, 1266053, 65520A Condition New MSRP $261.74 Price Each $155.00 Availability In Stock

Someone

The Nissens metal tank radiator was excellent, I have no experience with the plastic tank one, but I despise plastic tank radiators and would ban them if I could. When they fail, it is usually catastrophic and leaves you with a badly damaged engine.

Reply to
James Sweet

OTOH, if their quality control, is still good, the 'combo' radiator should still be good for a minimum of 6 or 7 years when new.

Reply to
Leftie

Thanks for your input, I see your point and I do not wish to take such risk. Is there another brand/model you can recommend me? Thanks.

Reply to
Someone

If you find something, let me know. I've got metal Nissens radiators in both of my cars, and I found one for my mom's car in a junkyard after the plastic tank on hers split, thankfully the hose neck didn't snap off as usually does.

OEM Volvo radiator has plastic tanks, Nissens now does as well, if you can't find an all metal rad you might just change it on the same 75K interval as the timing belt. That's what I'm doing with 700 series heater valves as I was unable to find a metal part for that.

Reply to
James Sweet