Grill emblem on 1999 Camry

Someone just pointed out to me that the grill emblem on my 99 Camry is missing the black backing. In 14 years I never realized that it
probably did have a black backing, preventing clear access around the emblem to the area in from of the radiator. Is this true--do those grill emblems have a black backing? I can't see what would have held it in place. Recently, I washed the vehicle using a high pressure hose. Wonder if that blasted the grill emblem away?
Sharx35 wrote:

I don't have my 1997 Camry anymore so I can't tell you for sure but I don't think they have a black backing. Have you tried calling the dealer parts department and asking them?

THAT would be too easy! <vbg> Better to ditz the question around here for a few months. <vbg>
Sharx35 wrote:

Well, other than routine maintenance you are highlighting the typical type of problem experienced by a Toyota owner.....

Is this really that important? Like who cares.
Let's get back to something more interesting.

Agreed. You start off. That "short and curly" that you found in your breakfast cereal this morning--whose was it?