00 camry side mirror

I've got a 2000 camry and the drivers side mirror is falling off. I've pop off the screen cover on the inside but don't see anything that will loosen it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Me

I'm probably wrong on this but it may be glued on, not attached by screws or bolts, and meant to break-away when striking something or someone. Those mirrors do not fold back. The passenger side mirror on my 99 Camry hit a large plastic trash container while successfully missing a loose dog a few months ago and the mirror appeared to have been held on by adhesive strips or something like that. It cost close to $300 to have Toyota order a new one and replace it. The one that came loose wasn't broken, just torn mostly loose. They said it had to be replaced. We were having a lot of rain at the time so I didn't argue although I still wonder if it couldn't have been reattached.

Reply to
Orv

that's odd- there should be 3 screws behind the triangular black plastic piece on the inside of the door. of course, i don't have a 2000 manual.

Reply to
Hopkins