1996 Toyota Tercel Power Steering Pump Pulley?

1996 toyota tercel....4 cylinder....1.5 liter engine......158,000 miles

The pulley intermittenly stops on startup or AC turned on or just sitting idle or making turns, belt screeches like a banshi.

I've visually seen the pulley stopping & the tension on the belt was more than adequate according to a mechanic friend, he just didn't know the answer for my next question.

My question is this........It is the original factory pump install, can the "pulley" just be replaced or just don't bother and put in a new pump?

Also.......What would be the avg cost to replace the oil pan on this model?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
ByTor

Put on a new belt or get some special spray on conditioning fluid to restore the belt friction. Best get a new belt. It is glazed and has lost its friction properties.

Reply to
uncle_vito