Headlight / Bright switch 1992 Camry DX

Problem: When using the turn signal indicator to turn right, the headlights go out. Weird huh?

I've taken the top and bottom cover off the steering column and found the problem with a couple wires that run through a small hole in the turn signal/headlight arm. The dealer wants about $450 to replace. I heard the headlight switch can be removed and the contacts cleaned and or repaired avoiding this costly bill. At this point, what do I have to lose? SO, if anyone has ever successfully removed just the switch portion without taking the steering wheel off, I would very much appreciate a reply.

Thanks, I hope I explained it so that everyone isn't scratching their heads........

Reply to
James R. Shaw

Unfortunately, it looks like the steering wheel/air bag have to come off. Look up the instructions for your car at

in the electrical section. Make sure you follow all of the air bag precautions in the air bag removal section!

Reply to
Ray O