Echo details and such

I'm thinking of getting new seat covers for my 2000 Echo. I saw some here:

But I don't have a clue of how to get them onto the seats - they look like slipcovers. If I had it professionally done, how much would that run me? Although, slip covers would look way better than the frog design ones I have from Wal-Mart. I'm thinking of having it painted, but will probably wait until the brats leave my house.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

$134?!?!?! Whooooo! I got Neoprene (Scuba Suit) covers for my Hachi from AutoZone for $21 a seat; I was working at CarQuest then and they wanted $46 each for them!

Depending on the type, you remove the headrest (or not...) and slip the upper cover over the seat back. Then, slip the seat cushion cover over the bottom cushion. It may just slip on, or they may have hooks. You would hook the hook wherever they tell you, and then, depending how they were made, there's either a flap with a piece of tubing in it that you shove between the bottom and the seat back, or there will be a flap with eyelets to attach the hooks from the front cover to the back cover.

Depending on which type, it may be easier to remove the seat. The slip on with no hooks are easy; with the others with hooks and eyelets, you'll get a better fit by removing the seat.

They are nice, but $134?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

How about these?

Hachiroku

I thought about that too - but I didn't want lousy quality. I'll look at AutoZone too, thanks!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

First of all, that's a Supra...

Secondly, five words...

Put...the...crack...pipe...down

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

HAHAHA! The leather on the driver's seat is OK, but not without rips or tears. The other seats are in good shape, esp the back seat.

But it sure would be nice to have nice new leather seats in the car. I'd just get the 2 for the front seats.

Reply to
Hachiroku