HELP wanted: 1998 Toyota Celica GT

I have a 1998 Toyota Celica GT 2.00 convertilble. The rear strut holding the roof up has sheered in half. As the hood is electric it will not go up or down. I have had an extortionate quote to repair it!

Anyone got any ideas how I can replace the sheered part.

Alternatively anyone interested in a mechanically sound, well maintained beautiful car with 100,000 on the clock!

Loll

Reply to
loll

Whats the parts price - I would imagine its not hard to repair yourself with the correct parts.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Are you talking about one of the bows across the roof or are you talking about one of the hydraulic rams?

Reply to
Ray O

Coteboy - I do not know the name or part number

Reply to
loll

What was the extortionate quote price?

Reply to