Hey, someone (posted to wrong group!)

Did you do that yet?

I'm going to do mine, just cause it looks like crap, but I'm going to do it on the car.

If you want, I'll take some pics. I don't dare try to remove it right now, because, for one, I may break a buch of bolts (I *LOVE* road salt) and for another, I am going to redo the whole car, maybe over the winter, but I just can't stand the nose!

Reply to
Hachiroku

you mean paint the bompers? not yet. i'm just going to mask and paint.

Reply to
someone

That's what I'm doing.

Here's what I'll do: It just so happens I have a half-gallon of R-M 900 from a couple paint jobs I did. It's a wax remover/degreaser that cleans the surface of grease, oil, wax, etc.

Then, sand w/600 grit sandpaper (autobody grade). I have a D/A sander, so I may use that where I can and hand sand the rest.

Go over it with the R-M 900 again.

Apply an "Adhesion Promoter" (Dupli-Color) which is for plastic bumpers/parts. It is a flexible primer that will help the paint stick to the plastic surfaces without cracking.

2 coats Dupli-Color.

One or two coats Clear Coat.

Generally, allow 15-30 minutes between coats to allow 'flash-off' of the solvents in the paint. When the solvents evaporate the paint gets a little sticky and gives the next coat something to adhere to better.

Allow 2 hours after clear coat before putting the car somewhere crap will fall on it (like the pollen from FRIGGIN' OAK TREES!!! er, sorry...have to wash my cars weekly to keep them from turning yellow! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

that sounds good. i'll do a similar prep and then paint and clearcoat. since it's plastic, i'v e had expirience. what color is yours? i have that toyota blue.

Reply to
someone

The dark, metallic blue, or the silver blue? I think the silver blue is rarer on the Supras.

If you looked at the pics posted in a.b.images.fun, that is EXACTLY the color of my car. I tried to make the model as true to detail as possible (even using Automotive paint for the finish...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, yeah...if you want to see EXACTLY what my Supra looks like, go to a.b.i.f and look for a post header "A challeng for swiggy" (sic).

But that's NOT me in the pic...

Reply to
Hachiroku