highlander gas mileage!

I just purchased an 2002 Highlander LTD 4WD. I love driving it but my gas mileage is atrocious. I'm getting 18 MPG in canada so thats per 4.5 liters or 15.69 litres/100km. It is winter up here but I'm driving very conservatively with minimal weight inside. The milege figure on the little info panel says 13.4 litres/100km average but I've monitored a few tankfulls and i don't get as good a result. What are you all getting? Frank

Reply to
Frank D

Do you have the V6 or 4 cylinder engine? How many miles/Km on the engine? How long since the last maintenance? What is the tire pressure set at? Is your driving mostly on the highway or on city streets? What has the air temperature been during the tankfuls you monitored?

Reply to
Ray O

V6, 3 litre 57,000km, just had oil change, tires at 32psi, temperature has been about 0 celsius or 32F. About 60% highway driving. I realize all these are factors. I just want a ballpark comparison with other Highlander owners.

Reply to
Frank D