Horrors of horrors

Particularly when those USA car makers such as GM increasingly sell imports and the foreign car makers increasingly build more product in the USA.

-GM cars from Korea.

-GM is going to import a hybrid from China.

General Motors To Build Hybrid Cars In China By 2008

-Toyota just announced hybrid production in the USA.

Things are certainly turning around! Many car buyers obviously know what is happening.

Reply to
who

You already said CR is full of crap!

Reply to
who

A friend of mine works for a company that sells & installs the CNC machining equipment used by the American car makers, as well as Toyota. He says that the quality of the parts turned out by these machines is very much up to the user, who designates the tolerances. In other words, the same machine can either turn out great parts, or crap. He says (jokingly) Chrysler's tolerances are measured in yards, Ford's in whole inches, and Toyota's in tiny fractions of an inch.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I read, a while ago, that Ford planned to licence Toyota's hybrid technology (as in the Prius &c). Is the Escape one of the fruits of that plan?

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Yes.

Reply to
Ray O

Hunt's been everywhere man. Done it all, and owned every car ever made. He even owned 6 Lexus' so he knows first hand how much better Fords are.

Reply to
ToMh

He is one of us rich Republicans....

I see you are a jealous type...must be a Dimorat?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Please... don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Actually yes and no. Ford had a hybrid ready for market when it acquired Volvo. Volvo, in partnership with a Japanese Electric company, Toyota and another Japanese auto manufacture, whose name escapes me a the moment, were in the process of developing a newer more technologically advanced system. Ford delayed its Escape until they could use that newer less expensive system. All of the partners, in that consortium, cross licensed the TECHNOLOGY. There are no similar parts in the actual system used in the Prius and the Escape, however. Toyota later acquired the Japanese electric company, since foreign company can not 'own' a Japanese company.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Indeed, a lot has happened in my near 81 years, but not every car but more than 70. My old cars are garaged at my home in PA, where insurance is less expensive and the plates are lifetime, for one time $50 fee. I drive the '07 Mustang, my wife the '06 Zephyr in Delaware and we keep the 05 Lincoln in Key West ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Scott, I was one of those as well, until Reagan opened my eyes. The Democrat party of FDR and JFK in my day no longer exists.. It's sad

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I have always believed CR was crap no matter which vehicles they 'recommend.' I am merely pointing out that today many in this NG, who always touted CR, are changing their tune now that the Camry is not number one with CR ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Obviously, they can't predict the future of a particular vehicle. But, they

*do* report how many initial defects they find. You've seen that. There is some value to that information. You know that, too.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Certainly has the lying part down.

Reply to