How long would a diesel hybrid last?

I suppose it's "too soon to tell". But I did read an article, I think in USA Today, but not sure about that--- anyhow, it said that battery replacement is a very real concern, and as a result, in the near future, we should start seeing "lease" options on the batteries. you would buy the car without batteries per se, and lease the batteries.

The article also pointed out that when the batteries reach the end of their usable life in a car, they still have around 85% life remaining for other applications. The article did not however point out what those "other applications" might be.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

I have stuck the foot in a 1966 Corvette 427/L88 on the back straight at Watkins Glen to get 157 MPH (6800 RPM)...try that in your Prius.

This is from a current Highlander Hybrid owner...I can get the Highlander up to about

40 MPH before the computer says "burn gasoline"! But again this is really something to do only without any traffic around.
Reply to
<waterbirds