How to deactivate the buzzer that comes off when opening the door?

I have a 1991 Tercel. How can I deactivate the buzzer that comes off when opening the door? Is there a wire I can cut???

Reply to
mikesmith9999

Remove the key before opening the door. :-D

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

If you're lucky the buzzer is up under the dash. Just follow your ear and unplug it!

If you're unlucky, then it's part of the 'relay integration' module and there's not much you can do. But, IIRC, on this car it was still separate.

Happy hunting!

Reply to
Hachiroku

It's not worth the trouble.