I now own a 1985 Tercel wagon

It needs to be timed. Other than that, it's in great shape for 235,000 miles.

27 mpg before I even get started.

Funny thing: The sweet spot on the ecellerator is somewhere in the middle; when I put the pedal to the floor it will go into passing gear, but just before that is slower than if I let the pedal up a little bit. It excellerates in the middle.

Wonder why.

voice from the past

Reply to
timagine

Is it an AWD Version? Just Curious

Reply to
Hachiroku

No.

Reply to
timagine

I had an '83 AWD. Nice. It had a 6-speed manual.

I did the body once, and then it started rotting through again so I gave up. It ran real strong, though, with 210,000 on it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Very fun little car to drive. You get there with so much less work.

Reply to
timagine