I try stuff so you don't have to...

This month's problem: faded/cloudy lenses on thrun signals and marker lights.

I was going to try some of that headlight restorer, but being a cheap bastard (and with all the stuff I already have here...) I figured I'd try something.

I took some 3M Microfinish I've had for a few years, and a microfiber cloth, and rubbed. Then I wiped off the haze, and the lens was pretty nice. I had seen on the web to use a 40-ply buffing wheel, but this left scratches. Another application of Microfinish and the scratches were gone, and the lens was nice and clear.

I was going to try wet sanding, but this is working so well, we'll leave it at that.

I did this on an old Caravan turn signal/corner lamp; now we'll try the Supra turn signals (they're hazed over) and then try it on the Subaru Legacy's headlights (TOTALLY shot!)

I finished the turn signal with furniture polish, and temporarily blinded myself when I took it outside to look at it...

If I ever get the Subaru running, I'll try some of that headlight coating to see how it works...

Reply to
hachiroku

But the absolute best stuff is 3M Fill n Glaze, 05977.

If anyone can get a couple quarts, let me know! (Good luck...)

Reply to
hachiroku