I WANT ONE!!!!

Looks almost exactly like mine did...in 1986 when I bought it!

but $100 is too much for a model... Boy, do I wish I could get another *NEW* (real) one!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

That is a really intricate model; I was expecting something more along the line of the MatchBox car collection my sister had when she was little, in the 60's.

And, unless they reversed the images, it's a British/left-side-of-the-road deal.

Cahty

Reply to
Cathy F.

Dude, thats a bad ass model. Now I just need to trim down to 1:18 my size, I'll be in business.

Reply to
qslim

Well, close...it's actually the Home Market Japanese model. In the US they had Left Hand Drive and didn't have the 'Panda' paint job, but had a gawdy sticker on the lower door panels that said "GT-S Twin Cam 16"

Hachiroku

"Cathy F." ...

Still avoiding spell-check, huh, Cah-ty - um Cathy?

I don't like those frog lights; never have.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Oh, jeez - more like *forgot* to use it. ;-)

Cathy (Cahty, or Cayth...)

Reply to
Cathy F.

The detail is incredible! It even has the latch for the hood!

The color scheme and interior are home-market. They got the cloth, we got some plasticy carbon-fiber looking inserts. Of course, I have an '85, I think the 83-84 had the cloth inserts. It also has the JDM sport steering wheel; the US model got the two spoke, same as in other Corollas and Camrys.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hmmm...

this is a model:

This is the Real Deal:
This is a Levin. The model we got in the US was the Trueno (as in my 'e-mail address' I use in this group.

The home-market Trueno front end had cornering lams and could have integral driving lights:

They don't often send the best stuff to the US...

Reply to
Hachiroku