Interesting observation

Well, it's interesting to me anyway. I have had occasion to drive by a couple of repo sales recently and one thing I noticed was the absence of Toyotas in the repossessed vehicles. Wonder why, since Toyota sells so many cars in the US?

Could it be that the bank folks cherry pick the Toys out of the inventory, or is it that Toy owners rarely default on their loans?

Most of the vehicles were big American made SUV's that probably stickered in the mid to upper 30's new. Couldn't pay the note AND the gas, I wonder?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

I'm assuming most people who lose their vehicle to reposession probably anticipate so ahead of time and would rather drive something more "fun" than a simple Toy. That said, I'd expect more Tacoma's in the lot but the rage these days are the Domestic pick-ups and SUV's.

Mostly it's stable families that pick up a Corolla or Camry and the 50-60 year old retirees that drive Avalon's and Solara's.

Just my guess ...

Reply to
griffin