Toyota Prius

Was a little apprehensive about the Prius until a friend suggested I should rent one first, before committing to buying it. I strongly suggest doing so.

Located a rental service that offered Prius and took the car for a week. Wow! Did not want to return it.

I drive about 2500 miles monthly and my Jeep Liberty averaged about 16 mpg. The Prius gave me about 49 mpg and at $3 pg the savings should be not less than $300 monthly. That along should pay for the car.

The rental company I found through rentahybridcar.com gave me a sticker that said: Hey Opec. Go Refine YourSelf! With the name of the site rentahybridcar.com

Instead of complaining about the price of gas , I finally did something about it and bought the Prius. No wonder Toyota is kicking the @#% out of the US makers.

Reply to
PvParts

Toyota has a program whereby you can rent its cars through its dealers. Any car--including Prius. No need to find a fancy "hybrid only rental" guy.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

everyone I know who has owned a Prius has enjoyed them

Reply to
Go Mavz

Instead of shilling in the newsgroups, why didn't you just go to Toyota and lease it?

Oh, then you wouldn't be able to advertise for a rental agency. Got it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Well. I suggest you rent a Corolla for a week, check the fuel consumption, calculate the savings - then see whether the extra cost of the Prius justifies the extra savings of fuel.

Reply to
Kixi

I would have suggested a Yaris. I bet it gets as good fuel economy.

And no batteries to clutter up landfills when they're spent.

Reply to
Hachiroku

about battery recycling and batteries lasting as long as the car is running.

I think cars of the future will have batteries just like the pluginamerica website where cars would run the first on batteries and recharged overnight.

Reply to
EdV