Latest Mileage

The body size is about the same as an Echo, which is based on the Tercel. The INTERIOR volume is much greater due to a decent design and the hacth, etc. But all three cars are about the same.

The Prius also has a bunch of batteries to haul around, too. The Tercel weighed about 2400 lbs; I never checked the curb weight of a Prius.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'll look again, but I'm pretty sure it was over 3,000 lbs!

My jaw hit the ground when I saw the weight! (Nope I wasn't looking at the Color Code! ;) (1E7, BTW)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Reply to
B A R R Y

I found these Prius numbers archived on my HDD. They may still be relevant:

2890 pound curb-weight 106.3 inch (8.9 ft) wheelbase 175 inch (14.6 ft) length 67.9 inch (5.7 ft) width 58.1 inch (4.8 ft) height 0.26 Cd (coefficient of drag)

That 2890 figure vs a Tercel 2400 would lumber the Prius with an inherent disadvantage w.r.t. fuel burned by acceleration, though of course some energy would be saved from earlier stops. I'm not sure what fudge-factor therefore needs to be supplied. Maybe we just have to leave the difference as qualitative: a heavier car uses more fuel with "average" driving.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

Youre barmy ;-) Helpful when you suddenly need to do a long trip and the cheaper fuel places are shut (happens sometimes when i find out at

5pm that i need to be 300 miles away by 8 and ive not even packed yet lol. Its always those moments where i wish i hadnt been lazy yesterday and let the little orange light come on!
Reply to
Coyoteboy

My metal celica one does that - quite annoying. BAFFLES god damnit, a few pence extra on the build cost of a =A330K car - idiots lol.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

No, that's about the ONE problem I DON'T have with that car!

Reply to
Hachiroku

The new tank on the Supra was LOADED with baffles!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Shoot, I'll debate anything!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ah, but the difference is that, most of the time, the Prius takes off on batteries. Oh, and my 2400 Lbs is a guess, and the more I think about it, I believe it was 2625.

But, with the Electric motor, it develops ALL of it's torque from 0 RPM. Then the gas engine kicks in when it's up to speed, so it doesn't need very much torque OR horsepower to keep the car moving.

Reply to
Hachiroku

mirror thing?!) its got about 3 in it, but they are front-back ones obviously to stop cornering slop, nowt for front/back slop.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

GVWR 3940 LBS!!!!

I looked this afternoon as I was plotting how to take it apart! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks :-)

Reply to
Esmail Bonakdarian

Ah, yes...he remembers how much I said I weighed.. :(

Reply to
Hachiroku

The Supra had a bunch! Maybe that's why is was $300 Wholesale!

Reply to
Hachiroku