Leather in Sienna

In a Sienna with factory "leather-trimmed seats", exactly what is leather and what is vinyl?

As far as I can tell, the seats are not all leather but, actually mostly vinyl with some leather on the seat and backrest. And the third row seat is entirely vinyl with no leather at all.

Is this true? Can someone confirm this for me?

Thanks. I tried calling Toyota's customer service line (1-800-331-4331) and have gotten different answers every time I call (I called 3 times).

Reply to
JAG

That's the way most production cars are -- it says leather seating surfaces.

Reply to
Wolfgang

The seating surfaces are leather, the rest of the seat is vinyl or plastic.

Reply to
Ray O

Many years ago, Nissan was sued because the interiors were labeled leather though they had only leather seating surfaces. The vinyl sides of someones seats ripped apart and they complained to the dealer and Nissan who just laughed. They then complained to their state attorney general. Nissan had to send a refund to everyone who bought that model. The guy got the last laugh.

Reply to
Art

If you read the actual window stickers and manufacturer's website descriptions, most manufacturers call them "leather seating surfaces".

Only in places like edmunds.com, kbb.com, and in magazine reviews are they usually referred to as "leather seats".

If one reads the "interior" tab here:

Nowhere is "leather seats" used, but they do use the terms "leather trimmed" and "leather wrapped".

Reply to
B a r r y