Motor Trend names Camry Car of the Year

I did not hear of any complaints of clutch shudder in any Tercel from the time the Tercel was introduced until I left in 1993.

Reply to
Ray O

=====

Ray O, you know a lot about Toyotas but let's see if you can answer this trivia question. I happen to know the answer, so try to answer quickly without consulting any sources ;-)

What was the first model year for the fuel injected Tercel?

Reply to
Built_Well

The Tercel has an electronically controlled carburetor around '85 or '86, so I'd say the first fuel injected Tercel came out around '86 or '87.

Reply to
Ray O

Hmm, I didn't know the Tercel was so advanced even as far back as '85 or '86.

I thought I read somewhere that the 1995 Tercel was the first one that was truly fuel injected. That was the model year of my Tercel. But I could be wrong.

Reply to
Built_Well

It looks like fuel injection first appeared in the 1990 Tercel.

Reply to
Ray O