my 2 Year Oil Change!

hi all,

I have a 2003 Avalon, that I don't drive very much [about 28,000+ miles]. One year, I looked at my calendar, and I hadn't changed the oil in 2 years!

I use Mobil 1 synthetic oil, which is a little pricey [about $50 for an oil change].

I wonder how big a mistake this is. The car runs fine [well, with 28,000 miles it should!] And I see I'm past the one year mark again. I guess I'm looking for a good reason to take it in...

marc

Reply to
marco polo

You should follow the factory recommended oil change intervals, especially if the car is driven on short trips.

Reply to
Ray O

You apparently drive about 4000 mi a year. That's about 8000 mi. Your car will be just fine. Just change the oil now.

Reply to
dr_jeff