Mysterious blue wire near the firewall? '90 Celica

Hello there.

I noticed that there is this mysterious blue wire coming frmo the firewall of my '90 Celica. There is a "switch" that I can chose to move onto the wire that will connect the circuit. However, I do not know what circuit is for and I have been unable to determine what this wire is for (I see no difference in vehicle performance or addition/lack of features with the switch opened or closed).

Any ideas?

Reply to
omnineko

Most likely an aftermarket accessory.

Reply to
Ray O

Hmmm... Perhaps if I posted a picture, would that help? You may be right but I can not figure out what aftermarket accessory this could possibly go to.

Reply to
omnineko

AFAIK, there are no single wires passing though the firewall on Toyotas. For the most part, wires passing through the firewall are bundled within a wire harness. A single wire was probably a power source for something.

Common aftermarket accessories that may have been installed in the past or are currently present in the car would include radios, CD players, cassette players, 2-way radios, security systems, remote starter systems, fog lights, radar detectors, GPS receivers, and DVD players.

Reply to
Ray O

If you are not the original owner then it probably is an added on feature by some other owner. What does the switch look like -- a toggle switch, momentary, pushbutton? Does it have a ground wire? Where does the blue wire go inside the engine compartment?

I would guess it was for driving/fog lights and the previous owner removed them before selling to you.

Reply to
badgolferman

That's for the passenger ejection seat.

Reply to
john

The ejection seat wire is yellow with a black stripe.

Reply to
Ray O