Navi DVD update

Hello,

is there an alternative to get a new data DVD for your toyota than only to go to your dealer?

I feel there is little competition on the market, since the prices for new DVD are very high!

best wishes,

Micha

Reply to
Michael Westphal

Next time don't buy a factory Nav system. I wouldn't own one of those if it was given to me.

By the time the car manufacturer's navigation system supplier designs, builds, and sells you a 'built in' unit for your (fill in the year) Toyota (or whatever) it is already obsolete.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Sorry but the Toyota NAV is superior to anything out there - and it integrates with your steering wheel. I am getting the Ansic for my Vette, but even that doesn't compare to the Toyota (lexus) one.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Our Magellan RoadMate 700's original cost was a fraction of Toyota's cost. Software updates are free. Map/database updates costs are reasonable. We can use it in _all_ our cars. When we sell a car, it doesn't go away. And most of all, if a repair is ever needed, you don't have to go to a Toyota dealer's service department to get it fixed.

We got Toyotas because they make (some of the) best cars. They're not in the navigation system business. They're in the car business.

We recently bought MS Streets & Trips 2006 with the GPS option, $99. We use it on the laptop while in the car. (The passenger does.) It's interesting, it's certainly cheap, but it's nowhere near the quality and features of the Magellan. Though it has some features that the Magellan doesn't have.

Reply to
ll

I have the Magellan too, I use it when i travel and rent cars. The useability is not as intuitive as Toyota, you have wires all over (unless you hard wire it) and its processor is not quick enough for certain adjustments. Also, by having a built in one, you can use it when you dont plan on using it. Just the other day I avoided traffic by going down side streets in an area i was not familiar with. By having this top down view.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

Does the Toyota NAV have integrated XM traffic information?

Travis Jordan

The new ones will, to me, integration with the car is more important.

Reply to
Dan J.S.