Need directions for '97-'01 Camry driver door disassembly

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a link to the factory service manual directions for disassembling the front driver side door to access the window regulator?

Something like this, but for the front driver's side.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

I could use a copy of those myself. I had the door panel about half-way off last fall, but couldn't find the last things holding it on. I need to make changes to the door handle on each side.

If anyone has this and is sending a copy to Michael, I'd very much appreciate a copy for myself. Just take out NONONO from my from- address. Thanks.

Reply to
micky

Ah well, between the video and my experience disassembling our rear door three times, I got it. =3D)

Reply to
Michael

Here's another video, only about removing the door panel.

I have to go check mydoor but I counted 12 places that had to be disonnected. On a video for a Tacome, she said that the front of the window control should be first, because it only had to bend a little there, but in the back was a big square hook. However for the Camry, I think the video above shows the guy lifting up the back first. Have to watch that again too.

Reply to
micky

And note that he uses a tool at the top and the bottom to pry off the rectangular ring around the door handle. Watch the video.

Reply to
micky

Oh, nice! I still would have covered that weird tool with some masking tape tho.

Oh, and removing that little cover covering the screw for the door lock (about 1:05 into the video)... I ruined that cover by prying the wrong corner. I should have watched this first. D:

That guy is *fast*!

Reply to
Michael

Yup, I'd say that's a pretty complete video. Still amazed he did it in three minutes, while talking. Oh, but I guess he had already removed the screws at 1:35 tho (he didn't show the removal of those).

I didn't just yank the door panel off from the bottom like he did; I used my masking-tape-covered screwdriver to pry the door panel off the door. Now I know what to do, next time. =3D)

Reply to
Michael