Need Help..

Hey ppl.. I recently got my first car, a Toyota Paseo. Anyhow I crashed it, and the left side panal and blinker was knocked about. Before I got it fixed the engine was stopping every now and then. When I got the repair work done the engine worked fine for about two months. REcently, its started shutting down when I?m in moving slowly in traffic, waiting at lights, parking, etc. It hasn?t stopped when I?ve been moving at a fair speed.

I?m mad broke and won?t be able to take it in to get fixed til bout mid year when I get a lil money through tax. Any idea what could be going on.. Any help would be appreciated..

Jay.

Reply to
jay2016

What does stopping mean --- idling roughly then stalling? Is the idle just set too low? It can be turned higher but first take the plugs out and either replace or clean them --- and replace the air filter. Add can of Chevron Techron or other fuel system cleaner to gas.

Reply to
Wolfgang
Reply to
jay2016

What do you mean by "the car doesn't take gas?"

Reply to
Ray O

never heard of the problem, luckily, doesnt sound very nice. you got an l4 or an l5?

"jay2016" schreef in bericht news:1_573740 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Reply to
Swamigo

Sounds like a bad EGR valve, though I don't know if that model uses one or not. My car does that, though, about every two years. Simple enough fix - or just live with the occasional stalling.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander