New scion owner...

I just bought a new scion xA yesterday, and when i got it home and tried to put it in my garage, i realized one of the "improvements" was they got rid of the folding mirrors. I never woulda thought theyd take that feature away.

So now i need to buy a set of older mirrors that DO fold. Yes- the space in my garage is that tight. there is literally 1cm of clearance on either side of the car, before i either scrape my motorcycle, or the garage wall.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for online toyota dealers that offer decent pricing? im going to need both mirror assemblies, for a

2004 in dark blue. i went on scionlife.com and got what i THINK are the part numbers.

Or if anyone knows of any wreckers that would have the mirrors, id settle for any color, and spray em flat black. then theres ebay...

I know they likely wont be cheap, but ive already scraped the passenger side one the first day i got the car.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Funny thing--I looked at an 03 Avalon the other day, and immediately noticed the lack of folding mirrors.

I was stunned. I walked away. It's not a garage issue, it's a safety issue. If the mirrors strike something, they should break away--not break off or hurt someone.

For such a car, an Avalon, that's inexcusable. What fscking cheapskates Toyota are.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

The side mirrors are designed to literally break away if they strike someone.

Reply to
Ray O

So rather than fold, they break and require replacement.

What fscking cheapskates Toyota are.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

From my experience, the folding ones also break when they strike something, so I guess it a choice of whether to make consumers pay for expensive replacements or really expensive replacements. I prefer the folding kind myself but having mirrors that do not fold has not been a problem.

Reply to
Ray O

I backed into one with my body the other day, worming my way through a parking lot; this was a Chevy, and the mirror folded. Had the mirror resisted, I would have hurt quite a bit more and/or the mirror itself would have broken.

An AVALON and they take away the folding mirror? Gimme a break. Fscking cheapskates.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Yup, at walking speeds, a folding mirror will yield.

Reply to
Ray O

Uhm, if there is so little space, how do you get out of the car ? Moonroof ? maybe reposition the motorcycle ? Move ? If you're THAT close, you're likely to damage the car sooner or later.

Reply to
RT

Is there an Avalon model with a folding mirror? I have a 99 and it doesn't.

Reply to
-