no clicking, no dragging starter, zero audible ..nothing re 1992 Corolla sedan

I have been clutch-starting my auto for a few weeks now (guess what?; that won't always work on an icy/snowpacked road !) ; I put a new battery in in November ; about 6 weeks ago i tried to start after shutting it off for 15 minutes and there was nothing when the key was turned --- 10 minutes later it started quickly.

The identical thing happened again, but just a week later. The incidences iincreased til it was every day, eventually became every time I tried.

I have: cleaned wire connections at starter/solenoid and at battery I have not replaced solenoid; how do i know if i possibly need a solenoid or if I need my starter rebuilt ? Are there kits sold to rebuild toyota starters ?

Will a mechanic rebuild the starter or tell me to buy one rebuilt/new and make dollars off that whole process ?

thanks for any advice one might have to offer

omaha is hilly but not everywhere to pull off a clutch start .... thank you

roadwarrior

Reply to
roadwarrior

I'd check or change the starter solenoid myself...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Did you remember to check both ends of the negative battery cable as well ?

Asbjørn.

Reply to
Asbjørn