No help or wrong help for Detroit?

I got get 28 on a trip and around 19 in town +/_ a couple and that is a

04 Sienna, a great vehicle. The roads around here get plowed fast, but if I were living in the boonies I would have drive my 89 Trooper II.
Reply to
The BeNevolent dbu

I was trying to be charitable.

FYI, Born in Philadelphia, lived near Denver for over two decades, lived near Portland for a few years, and lived 45 minutes outside Detroit for four years.

Could be the Dodge Spirit I lost in Detroit. I was driving along I-94, hit a pothole and the entire car vanished into the road surface, just like that. As far as I know, it's still there.

Fer sher.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Sorry

Reply to
nomail

They may not have the straight ahead traction on a $WD SUV, but I can assure you from much experience on winter and rainy roads the Chrysler Van isn't as likely to:

-swapping ends when braking,

-spinning out on slippery curves

-and flipping over on it's roof when sliding into the road shoulder

as many truck based SUVs often do.

Reply to
Spam Hater

Well, one is safer in a typical SUV because they are bigger and heavier. Pure physics there. If I ever have an accident, I hope it's in my Navigator.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

The handling advantages most SUVs have over the FWD vans is that they operate in RWD most of the time. The front is activated only when needed. Even AWD systems are biased to the rear, for handling purposes when traction is limited. Although some are 50/50 they shift to 60/40 or even 80/20 as needed.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And just to add some weight to your statement there, if I ever smash into your SUV then I hope that I'm driving my train... :)

Reply to
Gord Beaman

If I'm ever out driving near you two, I hope I'm in my Corolla. I can hit the brakes and stop before the railroad crossing and use the steering and accelleration to get away from the SUV. . . . Id' rather be able to manover my way out of trouble than blindly drive into it in an SUV where I can't even see the Corollas on the road.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr