Merry Christmas :)

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

What y'all said

Natalie, cleaning up the dinner dishes

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Christmas to those who are on the other side of the Big Pond. And Happy Hanukhah to those who are of the tribe of Israel.

(Now I've got the Dredel song running through my head.)

Charles of Kankakee

Reply to
Charles

okay Hach, so I am a day late! Merry Christmas to you also.

But I got a question too!.. I've a 2002 Highlander v-6 awd. About

51k on it. No brake problem. I tend to use left foot braking because of stroke often I leave a bit of pressure on throttle..

So I think I should change the pads. Any suggestion? Ceramics seem to be the future?

Thanks Ron in Redding, Ca (rainy and 50)

Reply to
ron

Hey, Ron:

Thanks!

As far as you're brake problem, you'll hear squealing when it's time (and it will probably be shortly). If you're past squealing, and into

*grinding* then it's Overtime!
Reply to
Hachiroku

Akebono ceramics look best?

My guess is rotors are fine, no pulsing. Will get them turned.

No squealing and still some "meat" on pads yet, just want to do it before the noise.

Reply to
ron

Ron, Hachi is the expert on your question (or Ray) but I just wanted to give you a little hint about being sure not to 'leave a little pressure on the brake pedal' which a lot tend to do when left foot braking. This of course holds your brake-lights on and ruins them as a warning to following drivers, increasing the danger of a 'rear-ender'.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Thanks Gord but its the other way. I had a stroke in 89. It left me a bit unable to get my right foot all the way off he gas pedal. So often as I come to a stop and apply the brake there is a bit of throttle pressure which I think is probably going to cause the brakes to wear a bit faster. I've got nearly 51K on them and the last oil change they are fine but I just want to get ready and do it before they get down to noise alerts.

I've done discs on several cars even since the stroke but I'm 67 and tired of getting dirty. I hate to pay the dealer 500 for a simple brake job when an independant with right parts can do it for about half.

Ron

Reply to
ron