Opinion on Price

I'm looking at a 1996 Avalon for my daughter (I have a 2000 and like it). Anyhow, the 96 has 134,000 miles. Everything works and it drives well. The interior is a little rough (2 young children) but I think it will clean up well. The guy wants $4,500 for it but I could probably get it for $4,000. I'm interested in opinions on the price.

  • Very good tires
  • May need brakes
  • Driver's seat leather cracked
  • A few dings and one fender replaced
  • Wheels scraped up from hitting curbs. Thanks. jor
Reply to
jor

I didn't look it up, but KBB is a good bet (favors sellers) or NADAGUIDES.COM (more even.

1996 for $4,000? Hmmm. when you consider a Tercel with about the same mileage is $2600, $4000 for a decent one with decent mileage doesn't sound bad to me.

Go there with $3,500 CASH!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks for your advice. I did check KBB and others and the price for "good" condition is pretty close. This car is in the paper for nine days so I'll wait another day or two and see if he is ready to deal. jor

Reply to
jor