fitting a sony radio [ problem}

hello,

I am having a problem fitting an after market stereo to a previa. I have fitted a harness, but i have no connection between harness and stereo the oem stereos fitting does not fit? should there have been any wiring kit with the after market stereo?.

ideas! thanks.

Reply to
kev

It is unreasonable to expect an aftermarket radio to include wiring kits for each of the thousands of possible applications. You need to purchase a harness adapter.

Reply to
Ray O

yes

Reply to
Punch

The Sony unit fitted to my Toyota had what looked to be non-standard plugs - whether that's Sony trying to re-invent or update the standard I don't know. Anyway, it was supplied with a short wired adaptor so it'd plug into the 'new' style socket on the headunit and allow the audio loom adaptor to plug into that.

So effectively I have: car wiring loom -> audio wiring loom (PC2-17-4) -> Sony adaptor -> Sony Headunit.

Reply to
Johnny

Nope - Your choice is to cut the factory plug off and splice into vehicle harness (NOT a good choice) or to buy a plug that mates with the factory harness and then slice it to the Sony supplied plug. Plug is $14 US and available at WalMart.

Reply to
Wolfgang

DON'T CUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to the Evil Wal-Mart and get a Toyota adapter for a whole $6.99!!!!

It will have two plugs, one for newer Toyotas and one for older. You'll see. The wires are all color coded, just match 'em up, twist them and tape or solder and tape and plug the plugs together. If it takes more than 20 minutes I'd be amazed.

Reply to
Hachiroku