opinions on Yaris

I am planning to buy a small econo car and this is in the list. With automatic tranny. Any one have and what are your opinions Thanks in advance

Reply to
cosza

We test drove a few of these as we were seriously considering purchasing one. We tried to like it. We really did. We just found it to be too cardboardy for us after all. We ended up buying a Prius. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

if your goal is the absolute cheapest transportation? sure!

the scion xa has the same drivetrain, 2 more doors, and way more standard features for not much more than a yaris with all the option packages.

Reply to
SoCalMike

I think it was SoCalMike who stated:

And then if you want even MORE practicality, go one step further and get an xB -- larger hauling capacity, more passenger space, and that LOOK -- but you have to act fast before they're all gone . . . .

-Don (liking xBoxen)

-- A fine is a tax for doing wrong -- a tax is a fine for doing well

Reply to
Don Fearn

Would you happen to have a John Kerry sticker on ur X box?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Isn't the Yaris available as a sedan with 4 doors? Thought I saw one with four doors at my local Toyota dealer. Or perhaps you assumed the OP wants hatchback?

Reply to
Bill Tuthill

The Yaris is available as a 4 door sedan and 3 door hatchback in the U.S.

Reply to
Ray O

One might want to check the various crash test ratings before committing themselves and their family to a vehicle that small to drive on American highways, just to save a few dollars a month on fuel. A Corolla is a far better and safer choice

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

it would make it much more safe if everybody was driving the same size car wouldn't it?

These big pickups scare me to death. I was followining one today, a behemoth with growling mufflers. The drivers drive like they want to kill somebody. It was a Dodge, yes a Dodge, a murderous machine on the road. The cops watch for these guys you know.

Reply to
dbu,.

I tried a Yaris sedan, and Consumer Reports was right about its sloppy handling. I'd rather get a year-old used Corolla.

The Nissan Versa is really nice and probably the obvious choice among small cars if you have to carry more than two people.

The Ford Focus can be really cheap because Ford is having trouble selling them, especially the hatchbacks.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

if you trust nissans build quality at their mexico plants. ford, gm, chrysler and vw all build cars there as well.

Reply to
SoCalMike

Actually I don't have much trust in Nissan build quality for new designs, regardless of where the vehicle was made -- look at the Titan disaster. I think that Toyota is a safer bet, and unless the Versa proves to be reliable, my next car will be a Toyota.

I've heard that the Mazda factory in Mexico has good quality.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Honda and Toyota make the best quality cars. Next I believe is Subaru and Mazda. Then Nissan and Mitsubisihi.

The two biggest sellers in the U.S. are Toyotas and Hondas. That tells you. As much as I wanted to buy a Versa, I could not get myself to fork over more than $15k on a manufacturer with a less than stellar reputation. That's why made my choice between Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris.

Reply to
Toyota Tommy

Ricky Bobby