{OT}Another one bites the dust OR sees the light

Richard Perle announces withdrawal of support for Iraq War due to the incredible incompetence with which it has been conducted. This was presented to VP Cheney during an T.V. interview. Dick declined to comment at that time. "May the Course stay with you"

Reply to
tak

Art

There goes another one:

Art

Pretty good article. "Circular firing squad." Nice turn of phrase.

I also agree with the author's summation, none of these clowns seem to feel the least bit responsible.

Cripes, Perle, you recommended we invade Iraq! Didn't it occur to you to ask yourself - or others! - "What could possibly go wrong?"

But even asking that, we do circle back to Bush, who also didn't ask, "What could possibly go wrong?" and then listen to the answers. This is the same Administration that didn't like General Shinsecki's requirement for twice the troops and, so, fired him. And then Army Secretary White for voicing the same concerns.

Stupid policy recommendation, bad execution, willful ignorance, poor selection of leaders, refusal to follow the guidance of trained professionals and stubborn refusal to change tactics when things started to go sour. I'd say they couldn't get much more wrong than that but Bush is still in office and he's "staying the course" with Rummy, so I've got to be open-minded about their capability to further screw things up.

Reply to
DH