OT Home Schooled wins spelling bee!

What happened to Education in America?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Why do you ask?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The left became the establishment, and have tried to control everything.

Reply to
Roadrunner NG

Flunked statistics, eh?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

....and the obvious answer is right in front of our faces

Liberals took over government education.....

EVERYTHING Liberals take over fails....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Whooosh!

You think one kid who was home schooled has some sort of meaning, statistically speaking.

One kid.

One kid.

You failed statistics. Splatt's example has no meaning whatsoever.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

One kid in my son's school was doing 12th grade calculus when he was in 9th grade. What does this mean? That we have an amazing math department?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You want STATISTICS Joey?

ONE KID????????

Go review the statistics and tell me the results....

Scott in Florida

Based on your logic, if a kid who went to Cornell wins the Nobel price 20 years later, it means all other colleges were bad.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, to conclude: The fact that a home schooled kid did well in a spelling bee means "the schools" (all of them, everywhere) are having problems.

Right?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You really want to own that conclusion, don't you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

How about the differences between teaching one kid vs. an entire classroom of kids - who all have various aptitudes & skills in various subjects, and have varying interests, while maintaining discipline at the same time? Kind of difficult to focus on everyone in that classroom with the same intensity with which one could focus on the one kid (or say even 3, if a family's being home-schooled).

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You didn't review the supplied statistics, Joey.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Oops. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

How dare you question Strickland's expert knowledge of teaching?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Oh the NEA line of bull crap comes flowing out of your mouth....

How the hell could a dumb parent teach better than all the 'teachers' in America?

How could a home schooled kid beat EVERY Public School educated kid in a spelling bee?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Let's turn your question around: If a family can afford the best in private education, how can the result be a person who can't assemble sentences and ideas any better than a 6th grader?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah. Oops is right. Jeff's an expert. So is Splatt.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Something tells me that the parents who home school aren't exactly at the bottom of the parental heap. Nevermind the fact that they have to follow strict guidelines, re: the state's curriculum. Then, as mentioned above, there's the extremely small class size.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Joey, you have been assigned a task.