OT If we had a Universal Healthcare System

If we had a Universal Healthcare System in the US would you quit your high-stress, 12 hour a day job to regain some semblence of a life?

(Sorry, retirees and military and government pensioners should not reply.)

Reply to
Fartus Ignitus

sorry Fart, I couldn't resist.

Yep, as many know I am a Fed Disability person also getting minimum Soc Security and Medicare based on work prior to the government.

The question is, what would you be willing to pay for universal health care? This is what we pay (plus what she pays for dental and vision where she works).

Medicare I pay is 94 a month (part B) Blue Cross/Shield is 291 month Uncle Sam as a benefit in lieu of higher pension pays 697.

There is a deductible and co-pay for everything. If you don't use a plan/participating doctor co-pay will be 50% of charge.

This is the plan most members of congress use (code 105)

I'd guess that our (wife is working, no medicare) out of pocket co-pays are about 150 month plus yearly 250 deductible for her.

So my out of pocket cost is about 550/month add government cost of 697 total cost is over 1200/month.

This doesn't reflect the government cost for medicare not covered by my premium.

So, I still say, what would someone be willing and able to pay. Surely not the $50/month/person sosme of the candidates are throwing about.

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron