{OT:} Mitt's Heathcare plan...

Since I am unemployed, I was looking forward to the new Massachusetts "Coverage For All" plan to kick in. Then I found out what it is...

Here's the deal. I have until June 1 to find healthcare coverage for myself. Now, since I am a white guy and do not have an Hispanic last name, I have NEVER qualified for MassHealth (a free or sliding-scale healthplan offered by Mass through...BLUE CROSS!!! It's better than a lot of private plans!!!) so often when unemployed I have had to use the ER (that makes sense...instead of providing healthcare to your citizens that will cost $40 per visit, you cover them at $250 per 'visit'...wonder why the state's broke?). So, I have to locate my own heathcare insurance. If I don't, next year on my taxes I will be 'assessed' $80. This then gives me until June of next year to locate healthcare coverage.

Now, some Ins Companies, at the Commonwealth's 'urging', are offering coverage for what was supposed to be $280, but will actually be $340 a month. Now, this isn't bad, but there is a $5,000 deductible and they don't cover a lot of stuff. I don't spend $5,000 in THREE years up to this point!!!

So, if I don't have healthcare coverage by June of NEXT year, when I file my taxes, I will be 'assessed' $4,080, or...$340 for each month without coverage!

WTF is that?!?! It's not Healthcare Insurance, it's Insurance Healthcare!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Figures. Is Mitt a DemonRat or a RINO?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

How many Real Republicans are there in Mass? I know Howie Carr is out of Boston, that makes 1. . . .

Charles of Schaumburg

(OTOH, how many real republicans are left in Illinois? Nobody's really sure anymore. There are a lot of RINO's like Betty Loren-Maltese (The Maltese Ugly) and Judy Barr Topinka, but most are running for the corners after George Ryan got convicted.)

Reply to
n5hsr

Since you are not a liberal who wants the government to do everything for you why don't you look into buying yourself some short-term insurance or getting onto a group coverage policy with Aetna? I just purchased a 90-day policy with $250 deductible for my wife and kids for $450 while I am on probation with my new job for 90 days. Personally I can receive healthcare if I need it through the VA Hospital but I have yet to use those services thankfully.

Reply to
badgolferman

LOL! Interesting point. Problem is, because of our auto insurance mess here, either the insurance companies have packed up and moved out or were told to move out! For example, Allstate told the insurance commission they didn't want to write auto policies anymore, so the insurance commission told them, then you aren't writing ANY policies in Mass! So, Allstate is off the table. State Farm is long gone.

On the other side, I just turned 50, let's see what AARP has to offer. I know they can't sell car insurance in Mass...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I guess he's a RINO.

Reply to
Hachiroku

When you file just write across the form in big letters "Have mercy on me". Try not to let it cover up your reported zero income. And then, where it asks what your occupation is, write "musician".

Reply to
mark digital©

Or "artist" like me.

Reply to
dbu,

Then you would write "Liberal" across your form instead. I knew the truth about you would come out sooner or later.

Reply to
mark digital©

You are typecast profiling. There are conservative artists and there are liberal rednecks. :)

Reply to
dbu,

Since he's a conservative he should just get off his ass and get a job that has good benefits and quit wanting the government to take care of him! It's obvious he's just a liberal, pansy ass, lazy, drag on society. Of course you'd have no problem using the VA, but it's wrong to expect other citizens get help in heathcare. God help us if we ever gave help to person in need. I mean that's just money out of the pockets of those more deserving folks at Halliburton.

ToMh

Yeah, this would certainly cover a lot...seems that's all I'm going to be doing this year...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sure. That's the easy solution...

Remember, I'm 50. They don't WANT to give people my age jobs. You don't think I'd rather be working than sitting here waiting? I send out 3-5 resumes a week...over-qualified...we found a closer candidate... you'd probably be bored doing this...

As far as the Over-qualified (if I had a buck for every time i heard this, I wouldn't *NEED* a job!!!) and the "you'd be bored..." TRY ME!!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You need to get something to hold you over. I know you're good with computers (my firewall has a hard time keeping you at bay) and you're a people person so how about applying at HomeDepot at the service desk? They sure as hell need somebody that's helpful courteous and kind. I wanted to pop the bitch behind the counter this afternoon. She mocked me right in front of my wife. I'll take care of that issue next time I'm there by myself.

Reply to
mark digital©

My sister used to work Corporate Home Depot. Too bad she started her own bidness, or we could have taken care of your problem in a way that ass hole needed.

She told me that when Home Depot started expanding into the North East they advertised for people with a 'southern' attitude toward customers. I see they have strayed....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I never tried the Home Depot...Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, etc...Overqualified...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I also know Enterprise is looking for ambitious reliable and trustworthy people too.

Reply to
mark digital©

Problem is, my Resume. They see Electronics at Hamilton Standard, Tech Support at GE, and all the computer stuff and I think it makes them nervous that I'll either get bored or want big $$$. Or stay just long enough to find another job. I don't play like that. You treat me right and let me do my work, I'll stay as long as you pay me! 4 Years at one place when I first started out, 9 at Hamilton, 3.5 at GE (they pulled the plug on Tech Support and farmed it out)

Unfortunately, since then it's been all downhill. If I apply for tech jobs I kind of have to put the Heavy Hitters on there, but that's what scares them...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I understand. 9 years at HSD. What a commute. I had thought about going there for it's graphics department (something different for a change).

Reply to
mark digital©

I hear you.

Years ago, I answered an ad in The Hartford Courant for a lab job at the American Red Cross.

In my resume, I mentioned my M.S. degree in Clinical Chemistry. I got no response. Weeks later, I see the same ad again in the paper. I send out a fictitious resume, using a pseudonym who just "graduated" with a B.S. from UConn. TWO DAYS later, they call , asking to speak to my non existant friend. When I confronted them as to why they didn't call ME, they told me that they were afraid that "I'd be bored with the job".

trustworthy

Reply to
tom418