Re: UAW forced to be paid as a Southern Foreign factory worker.

Really? I had an angina attack and went to the local hospital. The ER doctor their told me I needed to be seen by a cardiologist at once. Ten minutes later he was there. He sent me by helicopter to one to the best cardiology hospital in the world, just 50 miles away. When I arrived they gave me a test and told me I needed heart bypasses surgery. Only seven hours after my attack I was in the recovery room.

My friend was hunting in Canada and suffered a hart attack. He was taken by ambulance on a five hour ride to a hospital. Thee DAYS later he was seen by a cardiologist, who told him he needed heart bypass surgery. The cardiologist told him they would put him on a monitor to watch him untill they could do the surgery in THREE to FOUR weeks.

He engaged an air ambulance to take him the St Luke's in Milwaukie and was operated on the next day.

Any America that thinks we should have government healthcare was never in the US military and if they were, they certainly were never in a VA hospital

>> news: snipped-for-privacy@r28g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... >>> BUT, how many people have good healthcare plans? The number is >>> dwindling. In addition, very few can afford the increasing costs of >>> medical treatments without an HMO. Do you know the stats on how many >>> people use emergency rooms as their doctor? All opponents of >>> universal healthcare say taxes will increase. Well, I will lose my >>> excellent medical plan soon when I'm outsourced and layed off. To >>> provide something similar will cost me $12,000 or more a year. That >>>is going to be a stretch if I wind up making $25,000 a year in one of >>> the few service jobs still available. >> >> In virtually all countries that provide government health care, they >> decide what doctor you go to, they decide what treatment will be done >> (unless you go to a private doctor and pay for it yourself). Even if you >> get the treatment you want, you might have wait months or years to get >> it, unless it is emergency surgery. If you are of a certain age, they >> will often not approve certain procedures because they cost too much for >> someone who doesn't have a lot of years to live (they decide what "a lot" >> means). > > I don't know what countries you are talking about, but here in Canada, I > can choose whatever Doctor I want, I and my Doctor decide what treatment I > get, and the waiting times are much less then most people think they are. > As for you comment about age, that is pure bull shit. >
Reply to
Mike Hunter