( OT ) Los Angeles is going dark

... as in Lights Out.

The city council has approved a resolution to boycott Arizona companies, so Arizona is going to oblige by turning off the electricity.

Turns out Los Angeles buys its electricity from Arizona power plants, including but not limited to the hydro-electric power along the Colorado River, and the Palo Verde Nuke Plant outside of Phoenix.

Oops.

Mexican president, Calderon, said today that our laws are not fair to his people. Seems to me that if HE took better care of his people, our laws wouldn't have very much impact on them. It's funny that he's concerned about how his people are treated because HIS laws imprison illegal immigrants discovered in his country.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Wouldn't it be great if AZ decided not to sell electricity to CA? I don't think any of the other surrounding states have the capacity to meet the need.

Reply to
supraman_88

We're at the mercy of foreign heads of state that don't like us very much. We need to develop our own energy sources so we don't have to keep importing foreign energy. Gosh, where have I heard that before?

Wait, we can't develop our own energy because the envirowhackos won't let us. That sounds vaguely familiar too.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

LIke many other despots in banana republics, Calderon is totally FULL OF SHIT. Time for him to meet Mr. Extreme Prejudice.

Reply to
Sharx35