Reply to
dizzy

Well, and then there was this today - about penguins that appear to have been approx. 4'11" tall, & lived in what is now Peru 40 millions of years ago - on Talk of the Nation, Science Friday: `````````````````` Giant Penguin Fossils Found in Peru

Talk of the Nation, June 29, 2007

Excerpt: "New evidence suggests that giant penguins once lived in a Peruvian desert more than 40 million years ago in the middle and late Eocene period. Researchers in Peru unearthed fossils of two species of ancient penguins, one of which stood over five feet tall and wielded a seven-inch beak."

Julia Clarke, assistant professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, North Carolina State University; research curator of paleontology, North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences; research associate, American Museum of Natural History ```````````````````` link:

As an aside, harking back to the original subject: I wouldn't want to be the curators responsible for Lucy while she's on tour!

Cathy

Seems to me that burning in hell for all

Reply to
Cathy F.